Wisdom teeth are the upper and lower third molars, at the back of your mouth. They usually appear between the ages of 18 and 21. Sometimes wisdom teeth only partially come through the gums. Other times, they remain completely hidden. Also, if they are not able to come through normally they can become impacted, or trapped, within your jaw.
What are the symptoms of wisdom tooth problems?
- Pain or jaw stiffness near the impacted tooth
- Pain or irritation coming from a tooth at an awkward angle rubbing against your cheek, tongue, or top or bottom of your mouth
- Tooth decay or gum disease if there is not enough room to properly clean the tooth and surrounding teeth
What may cause problems with my wisdom teeth?
- Wisdom teeth can break half way through your gums,and that can cause tissue to grow over them where food can become trapped and gum infection can develop
- Can grow in the wrong direction or crooked
- If your jaw is to small they may be come impacted and unable to come through the gums
- you may not be able to clean them because they are crowded and too far in the back of your mouth
Wisdom tooth removal
Dr. Ly and his associates can safely and comfortably remove the tooth or teeth with anesthetic or general anesthetic with sedation.